Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Welcome Blogger.com readers!

It has been drawn to my attention that I have been listed on the blogger.com Blogs of Note ticker - awesome! I decided to put together a little post so that people can get a quick overview of what this blog is about.

I am a Google Summer of Code student working with Mozilla on their Camino browser. I blog my thoughts, ideas, and the progress (or lack of) on my project. These links might be of interest to you if you fancy getting a quick aquaintance with my blog:

If I had not taken the advice of a close friend, I might have put up with AdSense adverts in the sidebar and then maybe I could have had some free as in beer money! But she was right, it was not ethically sound and nobody looks at adverts anyway!

9 comments:

Victor said...

Welcome to the blogger front page!

R2K said...

: )

Peter Matthes said...

Integrity is worth more than the pathetic amount of money AdSense would give you to sell out.

They don't call it AdDollars.

Desmond Elliott said...

peter matthes: That is exactly what my friend was pointing out and I'm glad that I took her advice.

version: I feel that linking to your blog my compromise my integrity...

Smokey Ardisson said...

Apparently being featured on the blogger.com front page attracts lots of spammers in addition to readers :-(

Horton Carew said...

Your electronic diary is entertaining and educational. Like yourself, I am computer-savvy and know about gigabytes and such.

Just like you, I also enjoy codes, my favourite being the Highway and the Green Cross, as they save lives.

Desmond Elliott said...

smokey ardisson: A fair point, but some of them are entertaining. I'll keep the blog on anonymous comments allowed for the time being because it is actually useful for when I post things that people can give real feedback for.

Anonymous said...

So, so

EmailHosting.com said...

That's quite humbling of you to not go for the free beer money idea. It's great to see that some people don't take advantage of every little buck.