Without further ado,
Tab dragging first demonstration (Yay!)
Things worth noticing:
- Dragging favicons is still different to dragging tabs
- Dragging a tab does not affect the state of the information inside the tab - I have shown this by dragging a tab that contains some text in the Google search field. This works for audio and video too (I love Ze Frank)
- Things might look a little bit slow to react. I think that is because I'm still developing on a 700MHz G4 with 384 MB RAM.
- When should tabs switch position? As soon as the mouse pointer is hovering over a different tab? When the mouse pointer is more than a certain % across the tab you want to move it to?
- How much animation does this need to become a useful tool? Does it need any animation at all?
I am going to a wedding this weekend (not mine, don't worry!) so I shall return on Monday and sit infront of my computer until the end of SoC. There might even be some time for sleeping and eating and washing.
PS I am super scared of submitting my patch to BugZilla because I know that it is hacky and that Stuart will roar at his computer screen when he reads it.
PPS Sorry to the people who read all of my posts for the whiney state of affairs that you have had to put up with recently, it's full steam ahead from now on.