Thursday, February 15, 2007

Adium

I have recently volunteered to work with the Adium project. I wanted to work on another project and the release of Adium 1.0 propelled them onto my radar. They seem to have a great project structure and I'm hoping that things work out really well with them in the future!

At the moment I am working on the documentation for building Adium from scratch because we all need to grab the source and build a piece of software before we can contribute any code to a project!

The way that the Camino Wiki is used was an inspiration for me to set up a Scratchpad on the Adium Deveopment Wiki so that there could be a place for everybody to work on a not-quite-so-live copy of the documentation to improve it.

Who knows where things will go from here?

PS I am still working on Camino. My time is squashed at the moment because I am writing my undergraduate dissertation and the things that I need to work on for the tabbed browsing will require me sitting down for more than 5 minutes at a time.

No comments: