Monday, February 19, 2007

Google Summer of Code 2007

Google Summer of Code 2007 is on!

I will be giving a presentation about my experience last year and trying my best at a Q&A session for my peers about Summer of Code in a few weeks time. I'm hoping that what I present will be useful information to those who attend and I plan to put my slides online alongside the audio so that others can have access to this hopefully useful resource.

I'll also make a post about how I went about writing an application last year. I think that most people will want to know the secret to writing a good application. It'll be a shame when I tell them that the secret is hard work.

The time line for SoC 2007 looks great - I love the fact that there is a grace period which will allow for students to get up to speed with their mentoring organization. Good work, Google!

No comments: