Friday, June 09, 2006

The end of a busy week

You know that you have had a busy week when you have not been flooding your blog with posts.

I have had some problems with my new domain and hosting. The company who I purchased the domain from will not allow me to change the nameservers so I had to change the DNS entries instead. They still have not got back to me to tell me why I cannot do this.

I have been working on bug 235863 this week. It has been a nice step into Objective-C and Cocoa. I have nearly finished my patch for it but have a few peculiar problems. Jasper Hausen has been working on a new icon for this and hopefully I can submit this for review by the end of the weekend.

The Camino developers met yesterday to discuss the the feedback received from the community over the last 2 weeks. Obviously every piece of technology that I wanted to use during the meeting broke - the MozillaZine Forums and the Camino Wiki.

There is a new page on the Camino Wiki and it will be a nice central location for everybody to pay attention to the details and not the blurb that I post here. At the moment registration is disabled on the wiki.

One of the Summer of Code Mentors from Adium dropped in on our discussion because Kent Sutherland is working on integrating PSMTabBarControl with Adium. There is a chance that between Adium and Camino we might try to present a uniform tab-implementation in an attempt to try to allow users of both the same experience. These ideas are still in their infancy, but there is certainly no harm in keeping in contact with the people at Adium.

I have my first weekly meeting with Mike today. I think this week we plan to roughly set out milestones for my progress and to discuss things that I have been doing so far. I hope I've been doing the right kind of things so far. Perhaps not enough coding, but I am working on remedying it.

The FIFA World Cup starts today, I am still not sure who I will support since Scotland failed to qualify. I am torn between the Czech Republic and the United States of America. I have thought about choosing a team based on how much I like their away strip, but that is a little bit vain!

No comments: